Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Success - A Natural High!

My brother and I received this email from my Dad this morning. It's too inspirational (and sweet) not to share:
My Children,

178.5 as of this morning. You're Father loves you and thanks you.

Dad
My mom and dad started Gundry a month or so after I did. My dad is not what your average person would describe as "fat", but he's been carrying around a bit of extra chub for most of my life. Despite the fact that he eats fairly well and runs regularly (in fact he finished a 10K this past weekend) - the extra LBs around his middle have led to a poor lipid profile (a group of blood tests that are an indicator for heart disease). So, a few years ago his doc said he'd better drop weight or face the risk of a heart attack. Dad has made several attempts to change his diet and exercise routines to get some weight off, but for the most part, he was stuck in the mid to low 180s. Now that he's following Dr. Gundry's Diet Evolution, the pounds are steadily coming off. He calls me almost daily and says proudly, "I've reached a new low!" Referring to his weight of course. For the first time in a long time, he feels in control of his weight. He's ecstatic!

No comments:

Post a Comment