- Breads (even whole-grain), bagels, breaded foods, rolls, tortillas, pita, etc.
- Chips, crackers, pretzels
- Mayo, ranch dressing
- Milk, half & half, creamers
- Ice cream, frozen yogurt
- Cookies, brownies, cakes
- Muffins, pastries
- Candy, candy bars
- Dried fruit
- Tropical fruit (mangoes, papaya, pineapple, plantains)
- Other fruit (initially)
- Jams and jellies
- Honey, molasses, syrup and other sweeteners
- Juices (fruit and vegetable)
- Beer, white, rose & sparkling wine
- Soft drinks, including diet
What Not to Eat
Remember: Sugar tells your genes to store fat. So, foods high in sugar / carbohydrates are not part of this healthy lifestyle. In general, avoid grains and sugar (including natural sugars in fruits and artificial no-calorie sweeteners). Below is a list of foods to avoid.
BEWARE of "no-sugar added", "low-fat", "low-calorie", "no calorie" and other such labels. Most of these foods are still loaded in sugar. Even artificial, no-calorie sweeteners tell your genes to store fat.
EVENTUALLY, WHEN YOU REACH YOUR WEIGHT LOSS GOAL, YOU CAN ADD BACK IN SOME FRUITS AND GRAINS (barley, bulgar, buckwheat, millet, quinoa, etc.) IN MODERATION. See Dr. Gundry's Diet Evolution pages 68 - 69 for a list of grains and fruits that can be added back into your diet.