Sunday, January 23, 2011

Taco Salad with Steak

After a wine-soaked bachelorette weekend in Paso Robles, California, I was in no shape to make dinner.  Luckily, my charming and thoughtful husband-to-be expected that I would be in such a state and had planned to make dinner for us.  He prepared a yummy steak taco salad with pre-marinated carne asada, avocado, mixed greens, tomato, red bell pepper, pickled jalapeno peppers and a lime vinaigrette.
He grilled the crane asada for three to four minutes a side and then sliced thinly. Next, he filled plates with mixed greens, drizzled with vinaigrette, sprinkled with chopped onion, cilantro and jalapeno and then he topped the greens with tomato, red bell pepper, avocado and steak.  Yummy!  He also made us "fun-garitas" with tequila, fresh squeezed lime and sparkling water.
Here's a picture of the tasty wines I brought home with me.  Paso Robles is a wonderfully unique wine county.  I highly recommend it.  And, to my girlfriends, if you're reading, thank you so much for the perfect bach'ette weekend!
Because of the tomatoes and avocado, you'll want to avoid this meal in the first two weeks of Phase 1 or while trying to loose weight.  In Phase 3, you can substitute the steak for more avocado or a bit of manchego cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment