Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Balsamic Braised Brussels - Update

When I posted this recipe in April, I noted that I had an inkling that the recipe was intended for whole Brussels.  So, I kept an eye out for some baby-sized to medium Brussels and tried the recipe a second time.  It was, again, quite delicious.  The whole Brussels were a fun, new twist and made for a slightly more polished dish.

This time I used pre-chopped pancetta from Trader Joe's, which was a lovely, quick trick.

My recommendation: keep an eye out for baby Brussels, pick yourself up some pre-chopped Italian bacon and give this recipe a whirl.
I served it on top of mashed cauliflower this time.  It really is reminiscent of a rich, Italian stew - a totally satisfying meal.  See my P.S. at the end of this post for a super quick preparation of mashed cauliflower.

1 comment: