Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Roasted Cauliflower with Capers, Parsley and Lemon Zest

While there are a laundry list of foods you can eat on Gundry, I find myself gravitating toward a few staples.  Cauliflower is definitely one of my "go-to" veggies.  I love it roasted, mashed or souped.  Recently, I decided to spruce up my everyday roasted cauliflower with a few capers, a handful of chopped parsley and some lemon zest.  It was a delicious combination and made for a special dish.
Simply roast cauliflower as you would normally (toss in olive, salt and pepper and then roast in a 350 degree oven).
Once golden and toasty (approximately 45 minutes) remove the cauliflower from the oven and transfer to a serving platter or dish.
Toss with capers and a drizzle of olive oil (if needed).  Top with chopped, fresh parsley and lemon zest (use a small cheese grater if you don't have a zester).
Enjoy!

P.S.  I have slightly modified my strategy for mashed cauliflower.  I boil it until tender and drain all but about 2 or 3 tablespoons of the cooking liquid.  Then I add some salt and a tablespoon of grass-fed butter.  Next, I use my immersion blender to coarsely mash the cauliflower.  I finish it off with salt and pepper to taste and a little more water if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment