Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spring Salad with Mint & Grilled Shrimp

Upon returning from our oh-so-wonderful-didn't-want-to-come-home honeymoon, I noticed that our mint plant had flourished in our absence.  After not cooking for three weeks, I was inspired to conjure up a dish with this beautiful herb.  I dreamed up a refreshing spring salad with grilled shrimp - no doubt still thinking of all the delicious seafood we ate in the Yucatan.  

INGREDIENTS
3 oz. baby spinach
3 Persian cucumbers, chopped
2 red bell peppers, chopped
1 can artichoke hearts, chopped,
1/2 small red onion, minced
2 Tbsp mint, coarsely chopped
6-8 shrimp
High quality olive oil
Juice of half lemon
Sea salt and cracked black pepper

Serves 2.
DIRECTIONS
Peel, de-vein and rinse shrimp.  I left the tails on for a nice presentation.  Skewer the shrimp.  Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
I got these gorgeous, large shrimp at Whole Foods.
I always look for wild-caught seafood.
Chop cucumber, red bell pepper, artichoke hearts and red onion.  Combine chopped veggies, spinach, and most of the mint in a large bowl.  Drizzle generously with a high-quality olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and squeeze with juice of half a lemon.  Set aside.
Grill shrimp until cooked through and opaque - approximately 2 minutes per side.
Divide salad on two plates and top with grilled shrimp.  Garnish with the rest of the chopped mint, drizzle with a bit more olive oil and a splash of fresh lemon juice.
Spring on a plate - enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do it. You make it look so easy... and YUMMY!! I want you to do a guest post on November Grey with the ultimate, easiest "skinny trick" recipe. What do you think? I know that everything Gundry accomplishes that - but let's discuss! Maybe next week?

    xx

    November Grey
    Secondhand Star

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be happy to do a post. As you said - Gundry IS the skinny trick. I'm sure we can come up with something :)

    ReplyDelete